Regular maintenance for cars is important to make sure the car continues to operate safely and smoothly. Oil changes will help to keep engines as well as other components running smoothly. They should be performed on every motor vehicle throughout a calendar year. If drivers don?t keep up with the car?s oil maintenance, it can result in a myriad of car issues including engine failure. Gaining knowledge on the factors that are related to your car?s oil will help to avoid any unwanted repairs or replacements. Experienced professionals such as the car mechanics at Jiffy Lube will be able to guide you in the right direction as to which oil change is best for your vehicle and then perform a professional oil change to get you back on the road again.
How Often Should You Change Your Oil?
This is, what some would call, a loaded question. The intervals in which each driver should change their motor oil will vary. It?s a pure ?numbers game?. Some of the factors that need to be considered are:
The make and model of the car ? For instance, most newer vehicles will not require having oil changes as often as older models.
Miles driven ? The more miles you drive, the sooner you will need to get an oil change on your vehicle.
Driving conditions ? If a driver is only driving on a clear day on everyday roads, they wouldn?t need to change their oil as a driver who drives during severe conditions or terrains.
Oil type ? Higher quality oils won?t require the driver to have their oil changed as often as placing regular motor oil in during an oil change.
Having said all of this, the car maintenance industry suggests having your oil changed at least every 5,000 miles driven when using regular oil and at the very least, every 10,000 miles when using synthetic oil.
How Much is a Synthetic Oil Change at Jiffy Lube? ?
High Mileage Vehicle: $70.00
Synthetic Blend: $75.00
Platinum Full Synthetic: $85.00
Ultra-Platinum Full Synthetic: $100.00
Jiffy Lube has been in business since 1971. Founded in Utah, it quickly began to grow across the United States. To date, it has over 2,000 locations and is a great option when looking to have an oil change on your vehicle.
Synthetic Oil vs. Regular
Although different oils are basically the same in nature, they do have certain differences. Synthetic oil was founded in 1929 and been inserted into high-performance vehicles, certain aircraft as well as other motor vehicles. A driver can at times tell they have synthetic oil in the way their car performs. Here are some ways that synthetic oil stands out:
- Synthetic oil results in having less friction due to the size of the individual molecules that are compounded within the oil.
- The refinement can reduce certain deposits that can build up inside of motor oil.
- The car could perform better (quicker start and stop times, more effective acceleration, etc.). during harsh weather conditions.
- Some of the oil additives can be beneficial in helping to clean the engine
- Synthetic oil is cleaner than regular oil, therefore has less impurities.
- Provides better temperature resistance ? this allows cars to perform smoother during extreme driving conditions, including changes in temperatures.